Implant Retained Dentures
People who have suffered with dental problems may ultimately have to consider getting dentures. However, many patients find that wearing unsecured/removable dentures can be painful, inconvenient and awkward. Unsecured dentures can make it difficult to chew a variety of foods, which can prevent you from eating many of the foods you once enjoyed. Wearing dentures can also affect how you pronounce words and the way you speak. While traditional removable dentures have been the choice for many people, Implant Retained Dentures are becoming the preferred new alternative with a host of advantages.
Benefits of Implant Retained Dentures
- Secure and comfortable – no more embarrassing moments caused by loose dentures!
- Smaller, less bulky dentures.
- Increased confidence to laugh, speak, and eat in public.
- There’s no need for denture adhesives, pastes, sticky gum or powders.
- Easily accessible for cleaning/ proper hygiene.
- Implant retained dentures prevent the wearer from experiencing sore spots and pressure points commonly associated with removable dentures.
- When wearing implanted dentures, it prevents further bone loss that occurs from missing teeth. This also allows the facial structure to stay the same, and keeps your mouth healthier.
- Implant Retained Dentures are a cost-effective solution.
- They minimize wrinkles around the mouth by restoring lost lip-support.
- They significantly improve your ability to chew, so you can eat whatever you want and enjoy your food again!
The Implant Retained Dentures Process
Getting implant retained dentures is a procedure that takes place in several phases. The process begins when your Park Smiles NYC dentist takes digital impressions and a 3-D scan of your mouth. During a consultation, a treatment plan is mapped out to attain the best position for the implants. During the surgical appointment, the implants are placed, as well as the new denture. Once the implants have solidified, usually 2-5 months later, your dentist refits the denture and attaches them to the implants to ensure that they fit properly and are secure. The entire implant retained denture process could take three to eight months or longer to complete. Although the process can be lengthy, the success and satisfaction rate of Implant Retained Dentures is very high.